Monday, January 26, 2009

The Animal Farm at Maleny - by Nell

19th – 22nd Dec 2008 (Maleny, Queensland)

I went to Brisbane for my December’s holiday. First, we went to a farm stay in Maleny, it is a little town on a hill. Inside the cabin was dark and smelly, there were even thousands of flies! My sister and I slept together in a queen size bed, my parents slept in a single bed each because I told them so as ….I RULE AND I AM THE BOSS!




The next day, I was very excited because there were farm activities to participate in! First, we milked the cow but the udder was kind of rubbery. You just need to squeeze gentle and slide your hand while you squeeze. We get to carry the chicks! They were so soft, fluffy, cute and cuddly.






We took the horse and tractor ride. Every time I led the horse to the field, it will start to much and crunch on the grass!




We had a ride on a tractor but by the time we went to the meeting point, we were late for the tractor ride! So, we had to run and we managed to get onto the tractor. The tractor ride goes thru a large hilly field, on the way we stop to feed the cows.




On the way back to the farm, the tractor RAN OUT OF GAS! On the day we left Maleny, we shouted “Good Bye Maleny!!!” Then we drove off to our next destination, The Gold Coast.



No comments: